The OPS Sports Performance internship program is an immersive learning opportunity that will drastically improve your coaching skills and knowledge of the sports performance field.
This internship is a hands-on, learn-by-doing-based program in which you will be coaching a variety of middle school, high school, and collegiate athletes, as well as other clientele.
You will also have potential opportunities to observe and assist professional athletes as they prepare for their seasons. Our curriculum includes weekly educational meetings and discipline-specific projects to enhance your overall learning experience while at OPS.
Our goal for you is to develop a deep understanding of the why’s of our programming and coaching methodology here at OPS in addition to acquiring valuable
knowledge from all aspects of the athletic performance field.
Spots are extremely limited and very competitive so give us your best! We look forward to you joining us.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively communicate to wide range of athletes and clientele
- Teaching and coaching the warm-up (Soft Tissue, Mobility, Activation, Dynamic/Coordinative
- Strength Training Instruction (Fundamental Strength Development, Motor Control/Stability etc.)
- Sprint training (Mechanical breakdown, assessing deficiencies)
- Conditioning (Targeting appropriate energy system for desired adaptation)
- Understanding basic human anatomy/physiology and how it relates to sport and exercise
movement and to help reduce sport-related injuries
- Gym set up, cleaning, and daily housekeeping tasks
- Attendance at weekly meetings, creation/development of a discipline-specific presentation and
project with a hands-on portion for immediate feedback and learning opportunity
MUST BE A COLLEGE STUDENT ACTIVELY PURSUING AN UNDERGRADUATE OR GRADUATE DEGREE IN EXERCISE SCIENCE OR RELATED FIELD
INTERNSHIP IS UNPAID.
- First and Last name and contact number
- Email address
- Internship you are applying for (winter/spring/summer/fall)
- A brief video (roughly 3 mins), explaining why you would like to intern at Optimum Performance Sports
- A resume with references